1 a person who loves or is loved
3 a significant other to whom you are not related by marriage
- Rhymes: -ʌvə(r)
a person who loves another person
- Cebuano: uyab
- Chinese: 戀人, 恋人
- Crimean Tatar: sevgili (northern dialect süygili)
- Dutch: minnaar , minnares
- Finnish: rakastaja
- French: amoureux
- German: Geliebte m|f
- Greek: εραστής , ερωμένη
- Hungarian: szerető
- Italian: amante m|f
- Japanese: 恋人
- Korean: 애인
- Novial: amante
- Persian: (asheq), (ma'shooq), (janan), (delbar), (yar), (negar), (doostdar), (khater-khah)
- Portuguese: amante
- Russian: любовник (lyubovnik)
- Scottish Gaelic: leannan , gràdh
- Serbian: ljubavnik , ljubavnica , švaler , švalerka
- Slovene: Ljubimec
- Spanish: amante
- Telugu: ప్రియుడు (priyuDu) (male), ప్రియురాలు (pryuraalu) (female)
a sexual partner
a person who loves something.
Lover may refer to:
- sexual partner
- Lover Sophie Ellis Bextor
- Lover (novel) is a novel by Bertha Harris.
- Lover, Wiltshire is a village in Wiltshire (England) between Fordingbridge and Whiteparish.
- Lover (clothing) is an Australian fashion label.
- "Lover" (song) is a popular song, popularized by Les Paul.
- The Lover (play) a play by Harold Pinter
Maecenas, abettor, acquaintance, addict, admirer, adorer, advocate, aficionado, alter ego, amorist, angel, apologist, aspirant, aspirer, babe, baby, baby-doll, backer, beau, beloved, best friend, bosom friend, boyfriend, brother, buff, buttercup, candidate, casual acquaintance, champion, cherub, chick, chickabiddy, close acquaintance, close friend, collector, confidant, confidante, coveter, darling, dear, deary, defender, dependence, desirer, devotee, doll, doxy, duck, duckling, encourager, endorser, exponent, familiar, fan, fancier, fancy man, favorer, fellow, fellow creature, fellowman, flame, follower, freak, friend, friend at court, girl friend, habitue, hankerer, hon, honey, honey bunch, honey child, hopeful, hound, inamorata, inamorato, infatuate, inseparable friend, intimate, lamb, lambkin, love, mainstay, maintainer, man, master, neighbor, other self, paramour, paranymph, partisan, patron, pet, petkins, pickup, precious, precious heart, promoter, protagonist, pursuer, reliance, repository, second, seconder, sectary, sider, snookums, solicitant, sponsor, stalwart, standby, steady, sugar, sugar daddy, suitor, support, supporter, sustainer, sweet, sweetheart, sweetie, sweetkins, sweets, sympathizer, truelove, upholder, votary, wanter, well-wisher, wisher, woman, wooer, yearner